- Do not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for 8 hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking before surgery. Cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible before your surgery date.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose-fitting clothing with short sleeves and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear excessive makeup to your surgery appointment.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, or stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with our staff prior to your surgical date for instructions.
- If you have any further questions about Pre-Operative Instructions, please contact our office.