We recognize the trust you place in us when visiting the practice and want to share with you the actions we are taking at Greater Philadelphia Oral Surgery to keep you and our team safe with the current threat of COVID-19. At Greater Philadelphia Oral Surgery, we are continually focused on the health and well-being of our team and our patients. We have been busy establishing updated protocols and processes as we prepare to welcome new and existing patients back to our practice.
To provide a safe and healthy environment for everyone, we have followed the direction of the CDC, PA Dept of Health, as well as State and Local guidelines by implementing the following and have also identified some ways in which you too can help ensure a safe and healthy environment:
What We Are Doing
- We are maximizing our HIPAA compliant telehealth calls for virtual consultations in order to minimize the number of patients we have at our practice.
- We will be reviewing COVID-19 screening questions with each patient on the phone or by email prior to your scheduling and again once you arrive for your appointment.
- We are performing temperature checks through a touch-less thermometer at check-in.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
- Each team member will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE). This PPE will be changed out with each patient appointment.
- Additional time has been scheduled between appointments for thorough deep cleaning of the treatment rooms, as well as the reception and administrative areas.
- The chairs and tables in the reception have been removed to accommodate social distancing and all surfaces including desktops, door handles, etc. are disinfected every hour.
- Restrooms will be disinfected after each use.
- We are implementing special appointment times for our most vulnerable patients.
- We are incorporating all necessary patient forms online through our website. In addition, we will be directly emailing these forms to patients prior to check-in to limit paper/ pen high touch zones.
- We are incorporating the use of E-Script for paperless prescriptions.
- We have installed plexiglass health guard partitions in front of the reception area for mobile payments, thereby limiting exposure and contact with patients.
- We are implementing new equipment to remove aerosols during surgery.
- We have installed air filters in surgical rooms and the front reception area to circulate and clean air.
- All patients will be required to use an oral rinse to minimize viruses and bacteria.
- We are disinfecting all operatories and front reception areas every hour and after every patient we see.
- We’ve removed all materials on countertops.
- We have removed all reading materials to avoid possible cross-contamination.
- Team members are following rigorous healthy hygiene habits, such as frequent hand washing/sanitizing and monitoring for COVID-19 symptoms before heading to work. We will require a temperature check-in for all employees at the start of the day.